Mya & Lilly

Mya & Lilly

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What a Roller-Coaster!

It's been an amazing journey! After serving my mission in Missouri, I've never been the same. I have come to a point in my life where I have come to wonder about what it means to be loved and to love. When I returned home after serving my mission, I struggled to find work in the building industry as a draftsperson. After several months, I finally found a great position of work. I made one mistake, that was coming to Brisbane for a holiday. At the end of my holiday and returning home, my heart sunk to leave my family. The thought of moving back to that destination to study just boggled my mind, I wanted to study elsewhere. As I prepared for the changes, doors were opened and I could not deny that I was on the right track.

It's been over a year now and I must be doing okay, I'm still here and in my second year of study. My degree is in Business Management and Education. My passion since returning home from my mission has been to teach. I love to teach and I especially love to be taught!

Recently, I have found life's challenges to be my greatest blessings, yet again. I have realized that how I face my challenges is a choice. Don't worry, there are still times that I would rather yell and scream, however, I was reminded by a General Authority that I just need to "look up!" Even when I am at the bus stop thinking too much and my head seems to only look on the angle that the concrete just seems so much better looking, I remember the words "Look Up" and I realize there are so much more beautiful things to look at and realize that I have much to be grateful for :D

I've been through life where I have had my share of pain, there are many other times where disappointment will follow, however, we can know where to find guidance. Being happy is the key. We might say, but I don't have what it takes to be happy, friends or family close by, but there is always something that will make you happy, we just need to look up!

There is no doubt that life has it's challenges, but we can choose how we face them. I am loving learning. It's not easy, somedays are mundane and boring, but I know that it pushes me to learn and about a world that I have to live in day to day.

The next time you see your eyes gazing down at the footpath, "Look Up!"


No comments: